Great fast autumn salad. You could do apples instead of pears (but why? pears are SO good!), or pecans instead of walnuts (but walnuts are SO healthy for you) and feta instead of goat cheese (but – don’t – goat cheese is just…yum). I’m not so into the whole cranberry thing – but I could see that working for some folks here. Enjoy.
- 1 package of baby arugula
- A bunch of walnuts (1/3-1/2 cup maybe?); candied (need a bit of brown sugar)
- 2 bosc pears
- crumbled goat cheese (as much as you like)
- 3 Persian cucumbers
- 3 tomatoes (get rid of the seeds)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic – pressed
- sprinkle of sugar – or some OJ; or 1 tbsp. rasberry jam
- The key here is “emulsifying” the dressing – blending really does make a huge difference. So – blend vinegar, garlic, sugar (or substitute) adding olive oil.
- The rest is self explanatory. Enjoy.