Liat (left) and Sari (right)
Sari, who just turned 16, has a sophisticated palate – and often has very sophisticated reviews of food, both of family and of restaurants (quote: “I mean, they don’t know how to slice an onion!”) Below is a go-to recipe of hers for a quick and healthy snack – she was watching TV while I managed to wrestle this one out of her. If you like it, some freshly chopped cilantro (which Sari does not add) is a nice addition. Thanks Sar.
- 2 avocados, ripe (Sari says, “like a little overripe, you know…mushy”)
- “and then like, thinly sliced purple onions, like..diced”; a handful worth
- Diced medium-sized tomato; “take out the seeds”
- Crushed garlic ; When asked how many, Sari responds, “Like depends how garlicky you like it.” She uses 1 and a half
- a bit of pepper and salt
- freshly squeezed lemon, “just like, half a lemon”
- And…that’s basically it.
- Cut up the avocado and mush it with a fork
- And then, mix in all the salt, pepper, garlic & lemon
- Add tomato and onion last
- Eat it with tortilla chips